Summertime is the perfect time to see new places in and around Anne Arundel County. From exploring historical sites to getting up close with nature, there's something for everyone! And don't forget the food – these destinations are home to some of Maryland's best restaurants.
Your family will love spending the day at any of these destinations — so what are you waiting for? Pack up the car and hit the road!
The summer breeze, warmer temperatures, and longer days make it the perfect time to get outside. And what better place to do that than Anne Arundel County? With its abundance of parks and nature trails, there are plenty of opportunities to get some fresh air.
Head to any of these spots if you love the great outdoors:
- Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis
- Sandy Point State Park
- The Baltimore And Annapolis Bike Trail
With over 140 of them, you could spend all season exploring Anne Arundel County's parks!
Anne Arundel County is home to a number of historical sites. From Revolutionary War battlefields to beautiful Victorian mansions, there's plenty of history to experience.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Antietam Battlefield in Sharpsburg
- Historic London Town and the Woodland Gardens
- The Maryland State House in Annapolis
- The William Paca House and Garden in Annapolis
History buffs will be busy all season long with this list of national landmarks to visit.
A good meal and live entertainment is the perfect way to spend a summer evening. Anne Arundel County offers both, with stunning views of the water to boot!
Check out any of these spots at sunset for a lovely evening out:
- Cantler's Riverside Inn in Annapolis
- Fisherman's Inn and Crab Deck in Grasonville
- Happy Harbor in Deale
- Pirates Cove in Galesville
- Skipper’s Pier in Deale
The historic downtown area of Annapolis is a popular seaside dining destination. You can eat to your tummy's content on the Maryland Crab & Oyster Trail, then walk it all off with a stroll around town.
Festivals and Special Events
We have to add a few honorable mentions to the list. These festivals and special events make for a perfect summer outing.
Mark your calendar for any of these can't-miss events:
- Chesapeake Crab, Wine & Beer Festival in 3 locations - Baltimore National Harbour, Washington DC, and Richmond, Virginia: June 11th, 2022
- Eastport a Rockin’ in Annapolis: June 25th, 2022
- Maryland Renaissance Festival: August 27th-October 3rd, 2022
- National Folk Festival in Salisbury: August 26th-28th, 2022
- National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield: September 2nd-4th, 2022
- First Sunday Arts Festival in Downtown Annapolis: Each first Sunday of the month into November
- Anne Arundel County Farmers' Market in Annapolis: Saturdays and Sundays
Live Near These Great Day Trips
Now that you have your whole summer mapped out, we know you’ll fall in love with all Anne Arundel County has to offer! So why not live close by? Sturbridge Homes is proud to introduce The Towns at Parke West.
These luxury townhomes are near everything! Shopping, dining, BWI Airport, and major commuter routes make it easy to get to Baltimore, Columbia, Ft. Meade, Annapolis, Maryland and Washington D.C.
Enjoy convenience and spacious living with:
- 3 beds, 3.5 bath floor plans
- Up to 2,080 square feet
- Rear and center kitchens with upgraded features
- Gas fireplace
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout
- Attached 2-car garage
- And much more
Visit one of our upcoming open houses on your next day trip in Anne Arundel County. Follow us on social media to be notified about upcoming tours!